[comp.os.misc] Wanted: QNX archive site info

gwni@troi.cc.rochester.edu (G. Wayne Nichols) (06/27/91)

I've just been reassigned to a QNX project that I worked on 4 years ago
(they're still using version 2.05 of the operating system!).

The manual is so old that the Quantum BBS phone numbers are no good.
Anyone know what the current numbers are?

Are there any other BBSes or anonymous ftp sites for QNX software?
Anybody ported more, less, elvis (vi), zoo, arc to QNX?

Thanks for any info.

hart@blackjack.dt.navy.mil (Michael Hart) (06/28/91)

In <1991Jun27.161508.548@galileo.cc.rochester.edu> gwni@troi.cc.rochester.edu (G. Wayne Nichols) writes:

>I've just been reassigned to a QNX project that I worked on 4 years ago
>(they're still using version 2.05 of the operating system!).

>The manual is so old that the Quantum BBS phone numbers are no good.
>Anyone know what the current numbers are?

>Are there any other BBSes or anonymous ftp sites for QNX software?
>Anybody ported more, less, elvis (vi), zoo, arc to QNX?

>Thanks for any info.

Along the same lines, I have a copy of QNX and
QTerm for sale/trade.  Retail about $500,
looking for $250obo.

Or, trade for hard drive, r/c stuff, OS Max 28 heli engine,
heli radio & gyro, whatever.

|   Michael G. Hart             Internet: hart@blackjack.dt.navy.mil |
| (no new .sig today)                AOL: MikelHart                  |

gardner@isdc11.kodak.com (Dick Gardner) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun27.161508.548@galileo.cc.rochester.edu> gwni@troi.cc.rochester.edu (G. Wayne Nichols) writes:

>I've just been reassigned to a QNX project that I worked on 4 years ago
>(they're still using version 2.05 of the operating system!).
>
>The manual is so old that the Quantum BBS phone numbers are no good.
>Anyone know what the current numbers are?
>
>Are there any other BBSes or anonymous ftp sites for QNX software?
>Anybody ported more, less, elvis (vi), zoo, arc to QNX?

Here are the main numbers:
	613-591-0934	19200 to 300 baud	HST-9600 Modem	MNP5,ARQ
	613-591-3128	19200 to 300 baud	Telebit		MNP5,PEP

There are other numbers which you will be shown when you log on.
Use a login ID = quics

Several third party vendors offer BBS's to support their QNX products such as
Computer Innovations, On-Line Data, Fastech Integration, BJ Software, and
others.  However, I don't know about any other sites that offer non-product
type of BBS.

ZOO and ARC run under QNX, and many U**X utilities have been ported --
such as more, MicroEmacs, and others. All are available for download from
the BB.

Quantum just released their new POSIX-compliant OS called QNX 4.0
Actually, it is a complete UNIX OS, that offers blazing real-time speed,
high-performance file system, and features a microkernel architecture.
It has retained its message-passing structure, so it still has transparent
networking, and easy intertask communications.  Interrupt latency and
context switching times beat anything I've seen for a full-featured UNIX.

The usual UNIX utilities -- lex, make, sed, sh, sort, tar, yacc --
are included with the package.

BTW, we have organized a local QNX User's Group (Now the members are mostly
Kodakers, but the public is welcome)  Contact me for more information.

=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
   Dick Gardner -- Eastman Kodak Co.  Rochester, New York  14652-4201
                   Phone: (716) 477-1002
		   Net address:  gardner@music.kodak.com

	My new whiz-bang computer is SOOOOOOO fast ----
	  (How fast is it??)	it executes an infinite loop in 50 msec!!!

=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#

frank@mnetor.UUCP (Frank Kolnick) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun27.161508.548@galileo.cc.rochester.edu> gwni@troi.cc.rochester.edu (G. Wayne Nichols) writes:
)...
)The manual is so old that the Quantum BBS phone numbers are no good.
)Anyone know what the current numbers are?

	613-591-0934 will hunt for the first available line

)Are there any other BBSes or anonymous ftp sites for QNX software?

	Not that I know of.

)Anybody ported more, less, elvis (vi), zoo, arc to QNX?

	All except elvis/vi are available on the current version of QNX (now
	known as QNX 2, with the advent of QNX 4 -- the POSIX version).
	elvis might have been ported; it is available for QNX 4. There is
	a commercial pseudo-vi clone for QNX 2. (QNX 4 comes with Vedit, btw.)

--
Frank Kolnick,
Basis Computer Systems Inc.