[comp.os.cpm] CP/M on PC's

MSRS003@ECNCDC.BITNET.UUCP (03/30/87)

Has anyone heard of any programs which allow you to run CP/M 2.2 programs
under MS-DOS on PC's.  I found one which was supposed to emulate a
Z-80 and CP/M 2.2 on GEnie, but it does not work.  Are there any others
out there?
           Thanks in advance,
             Scott
               MSRS003@ECNCDC.BITNET
               GEnie:  S.MCBURNEY

ari@well.UUCP (04/01/87)

In article <8703301625.AA28361@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MSRS003@ECNCDC.BITNET (Wiz
zard) writes:
>Has anyone heard of any programs which allow you to run CP/M 2.2 programs
>under MS-DOS on PC's.  I found one which was supposed to emulate a
>Z-80 and CP/M 2.2 on GEnie, but it does not work.  Are there any others
>out there?

Have you tried RUN CP/M by Micro Interfaces Corp., or Media Master
Plus from intersecting concepts?  The only problem with either program
is that you cannot run Z-80 code, and that you need to replace your
8088 with a V-20.  Within those limitations, you should be able
to get by.

Klensin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA.UUCP (04/03/87)

The Media Master Plus product referred to by Ari Davidow in his note
from the 1st does NOT require a V-20.  If the V-20 is not there, it does
software emulation of the 8080 and Z-80 instruction set, at speeds that
might best be described as 'slowly' and 'very slowly'.  But you would
need the V-20 only if you need performance as well as the ability to
occasionally run the programs.