[comp.os.cpm] Faster uudecode ?

UZR50D@DBNRHRZ1.BITNET (05/27/87)

Hi,

All those peoples who get files from the SIMTEL20 - Archive know,
that one must very often use the uudecode utility, to get the right
format of the files. But this program is very slow (because it is
written in Pascal). Is there anybody who has a faster version of
UUDECODE and / or UUENCODE for a CP/M - machine ???
The most efficient language might be Z80 - Assembler for this purpose.

Thanks in advance  Ralf Schukey

rap@dana.UUCP (05/29/87)

In article <8705271556.AA19256@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, UZR50D@DBNRHRZ1.BITNET writes:
> ..... Is there anybody who has a faster version of
> UUDECODE and / or UUENCODE for a CP/M - machine ???
> Thanks in advance  Ralf Schukey

On April 9, a version of uue* was posted in comp.sources.amiga.
Written in C, it might well be adaptable, and perhaps faster
than the pascal you now have.

The message ID was <3848@j.cc.purdue.edu>

The sender was "doc@j.cc.purdue.edu (Craig Norborg)"

The org. was: Purdue University Computing Center

(just in case you can't access an older message)

I'd have emailed direct, but my mailer doesnt seem to
understand BITNET addresses.

Rob Peck.