[comp.os.cpm] IBAK Patch?

D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA (07/07/87)

	Does the creator of pd:[cpm.hdutil]IBACK.LBR read this group?
I need help.  I would like a patchpoint to get IBAK to copy ALL files
instead of just the most recently changed - can this be done?
Thanks, [dale]
-------

w_smith@wookie.DEC.COM (Willie Smith, LTN Components Eng.) (07/27/87)

"D-ROGERS@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA" writes:

>	Does the creator of pd:[cpm.hdutil]IBACK.LBR read this group?
>I need help.  I would like a patchpoint to get IBAK to copy ALL files
>instead of just the most recently changed - can this be done?
>Thanks, [dale]

I've been using IBAK for about 6 months now, and have had no problems with it.
As far as I can determine, it already _does_ copy all files, and can't tell
'most recently changed'.  One thing to be careful of, is that you can
back up R/O files, but when you attempt to restore them, things blow up. I've
also had problems trying to backup the entire contents of one hard disk to
a partition of another (I'm sure it will all fit).  How many other users of
IBAK are there out there?  It's saved me probably 6 hours a month in backup
time, (not to speak of floppies saved) for my monthly image backups.

Willie Smith
w_smith@wookie.dec.com     w_smith%wookie.dec.com@decwrl.dec.com
{USENET backbone}!decwrl!wookie.dec.com!w_smith