[comp.os.cpm] SmallC, the Z80 and the 8080

toma@killer.UUCP (08/18/87)

I am looking for a Small-C compiler to generate Z80 code, I would prefer
Public Domain and Source. I do have a version of Small C that generates
8080, but I don't know 8080 pneumonics and the assembler I have is a Z80
one.

Or...

Does anyone out there have an 8080 to Z80 conversion utility???

I don't read this group much, so could you please respond to me via email?

Thanks in Advance!
Tom
---
UUCP:           ihnp4\
                      \killer!toma
  infoswx!convex!dj3b1/
Tom Armistead
--
UUCP:           ihnp4\
                      \killer!toma

mlinar@poisson.usc.edu (Mitch Mlinar) (08/18/87)

In article <1350@killer.UUCP> toma@killer.UUCP (Tom Armistead) writes:
>I am looking for a Small-C compiler to generate Z80 code, I would prefer
>Public Domain and Source. I do have a version of Small C that generates
>8080, but I don't know 8080 pneumonics and the assembler I have is a Z80
>one.
>
>Or...
>
>Does anyone out there have an 8080 to Z80 conversion utility???

There is no Small-C program which generates Z-80 code.  A program called
XLATE (or ZXLATE) - up to version 1.4 now - converts 8080 code to Z-80 code.
It is very nice and handles all the psuedo-ops of most assemblers.

-Mitch

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (08/19/87)

SmallC doesn't make use of the extra Z80 instructions, so the only
thing you have to do is modify the code generator to write Z80 style
mnemonics. I did this to mine.

	Ken

kenw@noah.arc.CDN (Ken Wallewein) (09/11/87)

>        Now that I have said that, would someone, anybody, please tell
>me how to get this package to the net? My only alternative right now is to
>upload it to the Royal Oaks BBS and let Keith handle it IF he wants to. How

  It's already in the SIG/M library (don't remember which volume - I can check
tonight), so it's probably already on the Royal Oaks BBS.

  You know what I'd REALLY like to see? Small C++ !!!

/kenw