[comp.os.cpm] Tandy News

MSRS003@ECNCDC.BITNET (Scott McBurney) (10/27/87)

To all of those with Tandy/TRS-80 Model I, III, or 4 systems.

Tandy abandoned support for their 8 bit computers a while back.  Now,
the news is that 80-Micro will be abandoning support for them as of the
January 1988 issue.
   To cope with the lack of support, several groups of authors and programmers
have gotten together and have created 2 things.
   The first is the TRS-TIMES news letter.  The first issue will be in
January and was originally only going to be about 5 pages.  At last count
there were near 20 or more.  This news letter will be a bi-monthly
publication and the authors are requesting a $15 subscription fee.
   The second is the TRS-LINK electronic magazine.  This will basically
be an electronic newsletter which will be distributed free of charge
through several bulletin boards and through GEnie.

   If anyone would like detailed information on either of these, please
send me a letter.  If you would like to receive a copy of TRS-LINK,
also send me a letter because I will be distributing it to BITNET,
ARPANET, and anyone else on the internet who wishes a copy.

             Scott McBurney,  Western Illinois University
   GEnie:  S.MCBURNEY
  BITNET:  MSRS003@ECNCDC
Internet:  MSRS003%ECNCDC.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

rhealey@umn-d-ub.UUCP (10/29/87)

In article <8710270533.AA21127@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MSRS003@ECNCDC.BITNET (Scott McBurney) writes:
>To all of those with Tandy/TRS-80 Model I, III, or 4 systems.
>
>Tandy abandoned support for their 8 bit computers a while back.  Now,
>the news is that 80-Micro will be abandoning support for them as of the
>January 1988 issue.
>   To cope with the lack of support, several groups of authors and programmers
>have gotten together and have created 2 things.
>   The first is the TRS-TIMES news letter.  The first issue will be in
>January and was originally only going to be about 5 pages.  At last count
>there were near 20 or more.  This news letter will be a bi-monthly
>publication and the authors are requesting a $15 subscription fee.
>   The second is the TRS-LINK electronic magazine.  This will basically
>be an electronic newsletter which will be distributed free of charge
>through several bulletin boards and through GEnie.

	There is also the Misosys quarterly for those Z-80 machines
	running LS-DOS. Good programming tips and interesting technical
	articles. Catch a recent edition of 80-Micro for Misosys'
	address.

			-Rob Healey
			rhealey@ub.d.umn.edu

p.s.

	I am working out the details to become a Tandy archive for
	the internet, aka anonymous ftp. All Tandys, 1/3/4, coco and
	clones would be in the archive with an emphasis on 1/3/4
	systems and CP/M. Watch comp.sys.tandy for official announcement.
--

			-Rob