[comp.os.cpm] Help with .ARC files

konicek@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (02/06/88)

How do I 'unarc' a .ARC file?  I know I'm stupid but I'm also new
to this group.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff K.
ARPA  konicek%uicsrd@a.cs.uiuc.edu
USE   uiucdcs!uicsrd!konicek

ATT  (217) 244-0044

tech@auvax.UUCP (Richard Loken) (02/10/88)

From article <46500006@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu>, by konicek@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu:

> How do I 'unarc' a .ARC file?  I know I'm stupid but I'm also new
> to this group.

Well, if you are working with a Unix system or one of its clones or licencees
you use a program called ``arc'', (who would have thought of it :-) ).
Heck, I only found out last week.

I can probably find the source around here if I look hard but you should look
there first.  Did arc come off the net originally?

     *********	    73
    **********	    Richard Loken VE6BSV
   .      ****
  ..      ****	    Athabasca University
 ....     ****	    Athabasca, Alberta Canada
..........****	    ihnp4!alberta!auvax

Robert_A_Freed@cup.portal.com (02/10/88)

In article <46500006@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu> konicek@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu
writes:

> How do I 'unarc' a .ARC file?

The CP/M programs UNARC.COM (for Z80 systems) or UNARCA.COM (for 8080/8085)
will do this for you.  Latest versions (1.6) are contained in the self-
unpacking archive file, UNARC16.ARK.  This is available in the SIMTEL20
archives or from most friendly neighborhood RCP/M systems.  Download this
file, rename to UNARC16.COM, and run it to extract the UNARC utility and
related documentation.

Bob Freed            Internet:  Robert_A_Freed@cup.portal.com
Newton Centre, MA    UUCP:  ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!Robert_A_Freed