[comp.os.cpm] UNIX unarc wanted

brengle@hpcltjb.HP.COM (Tim Brengle) (02/03/88)

Is there a UNIX (actually System V) UNARC?  How might I get hold of it
(assuming that it exists)?

		Tim Brengle
		brengle%hpclisp%hplabs.hp.com
		...!hplabs!hpclisp!brengle

phn@dde.uucp (Per H. Nielsen) (02/11/88)

In article <1140010@hpcltjb.HP.COM>, brengle@hpcltjb.HP.COM (Tim Brengle) writes:
> Is there a UNIX (actually System V) UNARC?  How might I get hold of it
> (assuming that it exists)?

Just what I have been looking for.
I would like to have one too.

|   Per H. Nielsen @ Dansk Data Elektronik A/S,                             |
|   E-mail:  ..!uunet!mcvax!diku!dde!phn  or  phn@dde.uucp                  |

abp@j.cc.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) (02/18/88)

In article <147@Giraf.dde.uucp> phn@dde.uucp (Per H. Nielsen) writes:
>In article <1140010@hpcltjb.HP.COM>, brengle@hpcltjb.HP.COM (Tim Brengle) writes:
>> Is there a UNIX (actually System V) UNARC?  How might I get hold of it
>> (assuming that it exists)?
>Just what I have been looking for.
>I would like to have one too.

ARC for 4.2 BSD and System V is available via anonymous ftp from simtel20.arpa.
They are in the directory "pd2:<unix.arc-lbr>".  This is a version of SEA ARC,
so it doesn't support one of the file compression algorithms used by PKARC.  I
believe that PKARC has an option to force compatibilty with earlier ARC
programs.  This same directory has LAR, an LU clone for UNIX.

				Jeff Wieland
				abp@j.cc.purdue.edu

euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (George Seto) (02/19/88)

In article <1140010@hpcltjb.HP.COM>, brengle@hpcltjb.HP.COM (Tim Brengle) writes:
> Is there a UNIX (actually System V) UNARC?  How might I get hold of it
> (assuming that it exists)?

I believe someone sent me the file, UNARC.HEX one time for CP/M. Well the fellow
finally got back to me about the CP/M version of the Unarc. HE has tried the
program called MLOAD.COM. It comes back with an error about a wrong character
or something like that. Could it be resent to me again? Thanks. If it is
possible, maybe the binary could be sent as an UUEncoded file, instead of a
HEX file? It should not matter. To explain a bit, this fellow has a second
hand Osborne computer but apparently the System disks are missing so he
doesn't have the LOAD.COM.

Also please advise on the status of the ARC program for CP/M?

Thanks for the help.

* euloth@dalcsug.uucp  || Disclaimer: All opinions are my own unless other-   *