[comp.os.cpm] SB180 with 96-tpi Drives

SAGE@LL.ARPA (03/14/88)

Local Cc: SAGE

o Paul Birkel:

 have never faced this question on my SB180 because I have at least
ne 48-tpi and one 96-tpi drive, and I have never tried to use the
6-tpi drive with 48-tpi formats.  I know that the Ampro computer has
pecial software for 'double tracking' on 96-tpi drives to handle, in a
ashion, the 48-tpi formats, but I am not sure that the SB180 is
upposed to do that.

he SB180, especially with the XBIOS enhanced operating system and
erhaps an ETS180IO+ add on board, is a very nice machine.  I would
ecommend that you consider buying it and a 48-tpi drive.  I don't know
hat the asking price is in your case.  I paid $25 for mine (used)
omplete with a box and power supply.  Then I paid $25 more for the
fficial software.  Of course, I got no drives in that package.  The
elling parties had bought the machine and the software at auction as
art of larger lots, and neither party had any interest in the SB180.