[comp.os.cpm] MexPack VT100 Emulator

SAGE@LL.ARPA (05/25/88)

Gordon Marwood asked about VT100 emulators.  The MexPack (and MexPlus) VT100
emulator package is still available for purchase.  My wife's company, Sage
Microsystems East, sells it, as does I am sure NightOwl software (the author
Ron Fowler's company).  MexPack includes a few emulators and other items and
costs either $30 or $40, I believe, as an option with Mex-Plus (which is $50
or $60, I believe -- the combination is no more than $100).  Sorry that I
don't remember the exact price.  Obviously, I can get it.

The VT100 emulation is limited to what can reasonably be done on a screen.
Thus it does not include 132-character width or double-height formats.  It
may support scroll windows, but I am not sure of that.  It does require that
the host system have certain facilities, including insert and delete line
capability.

Let me know if you have further questions or interest.

                                Jay Sage

ciaraldi@cs.rochester.edu (Mike Ciaraldi) (05/25/88)

In article <SAGE.14560238@LL.ARPA> SAGE@LL.ARPA writes:

>Gordon Marwood asked about VT100 emulators.  The MexPack (and MexPlus) VT100
>emulator package is still available for purchase.
>The VT100 emulation is limited to what can reasonably be done on a screen.
>Thus it does not include 132-character width or double-height formats.  It
>may support scroll windows, but I am not sure of that.  It does require that
>the host system have certain facilities, including insert and delete line
>capability.

Will it support the VT100 application keypad?
(that's where the keypad keys have their codes changed by request of the
host computer, so it can distinguish them from the number keys on
the top row).

I'm looking for a good VT100 emulator for a Kaypro 2.
It has to have application keypad support.
It doesn't need file transfer, just good emulation.

Any suggestions?

Mike Ciaraldi
...rochester!ciaraldi