[comp.os.cpm] SEA compatible archive pgm for CP/M wanted

nts0699@dsacg1.UUCP (Gene McManus) (09/20/88)

Does anyone out there have a PD archiver available that is compatible
with the SEA .ARC (tm?)? Thanx in advance...

Gene

Gene McManus @ Defense Logistics Agency Systems Automation Center,
	       Columbus, OH 43215 (614) 238-9403,    Autovon 850-
UUCP:		{uunet!gould,cbosgd!osu-cis}!dsacg1!gmcmanus
The views expressed are my own, not those of The Agency, or Dept. of Defense

rlb@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Robert Lee Bailey) (09/22/88)

In article <553@dsacg1.UUCP> nts0699@dsacg1.UUCP (Gene McManus) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a PD archiver available that is compatible
>with the SEA .ARC (tm?)? Thanx in advance...

Yes, I have one called ARK (I think).  I have tried it a few times,
and it does work, BUT, it is unbelievably SLOW.  I found that it was
faster for me to transfer files to PC and archive them there.  I also
have UNARC, which works very well for de-archiving files. This works
at a reasonable speed, and I DO use it regularly.

If you want either or both programs let me know.

		Bob Bailey

leif@ambone.UUCP (Leif Andrew Rump) (10/06/88)

nts0699@dsacg1.UUCP (Gene McManus) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a PD archiver available that is compatible
>with the SEA .ARC (tm?)? Thanx in advance...
The only CP/M unARC (I won't say don't sue me, because it's to old) I
know of is: UNARC11.COM and it will only unarc files not arc them. It
can be obtained from ABC BBS!

   Leif Andrew Rump, Ambrasoft A/S, Roejelskaer 15, DK-2840 Holte (Denmark)
 UUCP: leif@ambone.dk, phone: +45 2424 111, touch phone: +45 422 817 + 313
 BBS1: ABC BBS:     +45 68 00 544,    3/12, 24h, 2:505/38 (ABC Sysop)
 BBS2: PC-Club BBS: +45 68 0270,   3/12/24, 24h, 2:505/54 (PC-Club Sysop)

Please note the node-change:                    Ambone, Italian for a pulpit
(The following interpretations emerged          Am_bone, Ambrasoft A/S bone
 when Ambone was put down on paper and          Amb_one, Ambrasoft A/S #one
 accepted - they are solely mine!!!!!)          ...