[comp.os.cpm] Reading Kaypro 10 disks

rusty@cadnetix.COM (Rusty) (10/11/88)

In article <302@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>In article <4138@cadnetix.COM> rusty@cadnetix.COM (Rusty) writes:
>>Just wish there was a media program for MS/DOS which could read
>>...K10 disks!
>
>Have you tried Media Master?

Yup!  MM 1.0<something>  (I believe it is MM 1.02) does not have
K10 anywhere in the list of disks it can read, and I was trying it
on an AT clone with one 1.2 meg and one 360k drive.

Is there a newer MM which CAN read K10 disks formatted on a K10?
(Rumor has it that the K10 did not correctly write the side bit
on the floppy.  A different rumor said that the K10 has a bad CRC
or checksum in one of the non-data fields on the disk.)

Any help greatly appreciated, as I would like to free up the 100 or
so disks currently holding K10 stuff by removing from them what I want
to keep....
-----
Rusty Carruth   UUCP: {uunet,boulder}!cadnetix!rusty  DOMAIN: rusty@cadnetix.com
Cadnetix Corp.  (303) 444-8075x296 \  5775 Flatiron Pkwy. \ Boulder, Co 80301
Radio: N7IKQ    'home': P.O.B. 461 \  Lafayette, CO 80026