[comp.os.cpm] C compilers and microsoft linker

simon@ms.uky.edu (Simon Gales) (11/15/88)

I have seen many notices about C compilers for cp/m: bds c, aztec, etc.

My question is - how easy is it for any of these compilers to link into
		 a microsoft format library and call its routines.  The
		 libraries contain f80/m80 routines, and I want to call
		 them from C, and link from these libraries.

Please respond via email, I'll post a summary if enuff info is gathered.

--
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------->
<---   Simon Gales@University of Ky                 263-2285/257-3597   --->

wilker@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Clarence W. Wilkerson Jr.) (11/15/88)

Also DRI's RMAC and LINK. RMAC and LINK do not support
data areas initialized to non-zero constants. All these
have a limitation of 6-7 character uppercase global
symbols when used in the .rel mode.
.

mlinar@caesar.usc.edu (Mitch Mlinar) (11/19/88)

In article <6822@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> wilker@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Clarence W. Wilkerson Jr.) writes:

>Also DRI's RMAC and LINK. RMAC and LINK do not support
>data areas initialized to non-zero constants. All these
>have a limitation of 6-7 character uppercase global
>symbols when used in the .rel mode.
>.

Which is another good reason not to use them.  There are several good
PD linkers which handle either case, although assemblers in general
do not.  Seven character globals are the limit if you want to stick
with true .REL format; if not (like SLR), then you can have 16 chars.

-Mitch