[comp.os.cpm] jrt pascal

rec@advdev.Cambridge.NCR.COM (rob coutch) (11/30/88)

To:        ALL (CP/M users)

Does anyone know how I can make  .COM  files with JRT PASCAL.
The best I could do is use the linker and get  .IN2  files.
What should I do from here?  I do not have a manual for JRT and have been
running programs using the EXECUTE.COM program.
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

Disclaimer: My employer assumes no responsibility for my opinions or actions.
As a matter of fact, I don't even claim responsibility for my opinions or
actions.
(Say, why does everybody put these things in their news items anyway?)

rap@ardent.UUCP (Rob Peck) (12/01/88)

In article <353@advdev.Cambridge.NCR.COM>, rec@advdev.Cambridge.NCR.COM (rob coutch) writes:
> Does anyone know how I can make  .COM  files with JRT PASCAL.
> The best I could do is use the linker and get  .IN2  files.
> What should I do from here?  I do not have a manual for JRT and have been
> running programs using the EXECUTE.COM program.

JRT Pascal was not designed to create .COM files, as I remember.
I had versions 2.0 and 3.0, sold off last year at a swap meet.
Your best bet is to go to Turbo Pascal, which is ever so much
more supported in the public domain.  You'll get the advantage of
a compiled language instead of JRT, which contains a byte-code
interpreter (again as I remember), within EXECUTE.COM so that is
the only way to run your programs.

I would be willing to bet that you can find a used CP/M version of
Turbo Pascal, version 2 or 3 for under $40 at a local swap meet,
WITH the manuals.

Rob Peck

emjay@dasys1.UUCP (Michael J. Lavery) (12/01/88)

In article <353@advdev.Cambridge.NCR.COM> rec@advdev.Cambridge.NCR.COM writes:

>Does anyone know how I can make  .COM  files with JRT PASCAL.

Unless changed by a subsequent version, I have Ver 3.0, I believe that
the only way to run JRT compiled files is through EXEC.COM.  Independent
COM files are not produced.  It has been some time since I have used
JRT Pascal, but a quick look through "Ver. 3.0 JRT Pascal User's Guide"
seems to confirm my memory.

--
Michael J. Lavery
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX