[comp.os.cpm] Profiles being SOLD!!

rr2g@WATT.ACC.VIRGINIA.EDU (Rhonda Ragland) (12/15/88)

I received a letter on 12/14/88 from Profiles magazine stating:
"NOTICE OF RETURN OF PAYMENT FOR SUBSCRIPTION TO PROFILES MAGAZINE"

"Thank you for your interest in ProFiles Magazine.  The staff and management
appreciates you choosing to subscribe.  However, ProFiles is currently in
transition and in the process of being sold.  Therefore, we are returning your
check."

I for one have been subscribing to this Kaypro oriented magazine since I
purchased my Kaypro 2X business pak in November of 1984.  Even though
it's now predominantly MS-DOS oriented I still subscribed and enjoyed
the magazine (despite there lack of CP/M information).  Has anyone else
heard anything about Profiles or Kaypro for that matter?  What other CP/M
oriented magazines are there out there?  If ProFiles is possibly
discontinued, where can I turn?  Please send me names and addresses of
other CP/M magazines and their subscription rates if possible.

--
A day at work is not like a day in paradise.

Rhonda D. Ragland
University of Virginia
Applied Mechanics Program
Thornton Hall, B-115
Charlottesville, VA  22903
(804) 924-6265

rzh@lll-lcc.llnl.gov (Roger Hanscom) (12/17/88)

In <KPETERSEN.12454917525.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL> rr2g@
     WATT.ACC.VIRGINIA.EDU (Rhonda Ragland) writes:

>I received a letter on 12/14/88 from Profiles magazine stating:
>"NOTICE OF RETURN OF PAYMENT FOR SUBSCRIPTION TO PROFILES MAGAZINE"

                      [Material deleted]

>transition and in the process of being sold.  Therefore, we are returning your
                                                          =====================
>check."
 =====

Amazing, it sounds as if these people have some integrity.  You are
lucky.  If it were Ziff-Davis, you'd get a month or two of some PC
rag, and they'd keep your check!

Sadly, Rhonda, there's not much out there anymore.  You might give
"Foghorn" a try.  Newsletter put out by the First Osborne Group, that
has good coverage of CP/M.  Don't have their address handy, but it
is in Daly City, CA.  It costs about $25 per year to become a member
of FOG.  Anybody know the address??
                                     Roger
   {ucbvax,ames,lll-crg,....}!lll-lcc!freedom!rzh
   or {ucbvax,ames,lll-crg,....}!lll-lcc!rzh
   or rzh%freedom.llnl.gov@lll-lcc.llnl.gov