[comp.os.cpm] Epson PX-8 FILINK software

ge@phoibos.UUCP (Ge Weijers) (01/16/89)

Could anyone tell me what file-transfer protocol is used by the Epson
FILINK software on an Epson PX-8. I'd link to use it for file transfer
purposes to non-Epson systems. Any hints would be welcome.

Ge' Weijers.
University of Nijmegen,
Toernooiveld 1
the Netherlands.

UUCP: ge@phoibos.uucp -or- ge@cs.kun.nl -or- {backbone!}kunivv1!phoibos!ge

mlinar@eve.usc.edu (Mitch Mlinar) (01/18/89)

In article <493@phoibos.UUCP> ge@phoibos.UUCP (Ge Weijers) writes:
>Could anyone tell me what file-transfer protocol is used by the Epson
>FILINK software on an Epson PX-8. I'd link to use it for file transfer
>purposes to non-Epson systems. Any hints would be welcome.

I know you are in the Netherlands, so suggesting that you go to the
simtel20 archives is not possible.  However, they have the source code
to a FILINK-compatable modem program.  Source is included, so the rest
(protocol) should be easy to determine.

I *did* try to email this to you, but it bounced.

-Mitch