[comp.os.cpm] Kermit for 8" ACI w/ CP/M V3.0B

hermit@ssyx.ucsc.edu (William R. Ward) (02/23/89)

I'd like to find a copy of Kermit for an ACI-1 computer (Alspa Computers,
a defunct company which used to be in Santa Cruz).  The ACI runs on 8"
soft-sectored single-sided floppy drive(s), using an IBM-compatible double-
density format.  It doesn't have any form of transfer protocol (besides PIP)
so transferring a file is rather difficult.

Does anyone out there in USENET-land know where I can score a copy of Kermit
for this machine?  I have Kermit on my Commodore 128, but it's a specialized
version to handle the bizarre RS232 implementation in the 128 and probably
only works with CP/M Plus anyway.  Please send mail to hermit@ssyx.ucsc.edu
if you have any info.  Thanks in advance.
--
If creative thoughts could cause sparks, dynamite could safely be stored in this
establishment.

William R. Ward <hermit@ssyx.ucsc.edu>

bill@sigma.UUCP (William Swan) (02/25/89)

In article <6441@saturn.ucsc.edu> hermit@ssyx.ucsc.edu (William R. Ward) writes:
>I'd like to find a copy of Kermit for an ACI-1 computer (Alspa Computers,
>a defunct company which used to be in Santa Cruz).  The ACI runs on 8"
>soft-sectored single-sided floppy drive(s), using an IBM-compatible double-
>density format.  It doesn't have any form of transfer protocol (besides PIP)
>so transferring a file is rather difficult.

William,

I do not have kermit for the Alspa, but I do have MDM740, which I use
extensively on my ACI-2DS.  It handles MODEM7/XMODEM protocol, and supposedly
batch mode (which I've never seen work, but I don't know if it's MDM740 or
the unix xmodem I'm using...). Let me know if you would like this - it is
at least *a* file transfer protocol...

BTW, who ported CP/M 3.0 to the system? That was never done while I worked
there, and after I left the company sank all its efforts (and everything
else) into the ACI-Zero! (Or is that the BIOS revision number? If the latter,
you might be interested in v3.6 - I've done numerous improvements to it in the
past few years, including ZCPR3 and P2DOS compatibility..)

--
William Swan	..!tikal.Teltone.COM!sigma!bill
	Innocent but in prison in Washington State for 13.5 years: