[comp.os.cpm] Mex.

mrapple@uop.edu (Nick Sayer) (11/04/88)

Anyone remember MEX.COM? It's a modem program that I like
quite a bit. Unfortunately, I last used it about three years ago
when CP/M worked on my Apple (I got a //gs, and found my CP/M
card wouldn't physically fit inside, so last night i got brave
with a hacksaw....), and had a different serial card, so now
I need a new overlay...

Does anyone have either a generic MEX overlay for a serial
interface and Hayes compatable 2400 baud modem OR a MEX
overlay for the Apple //gs modem port and a 2400 baud Hayes
compatable modem?

Thanks in advance.

Nick Sayer | Packet Radio: N6QQQ @ WA6RDH | Fido: 161/31
uucp: ...!sdcsvax!ucbvax!ucdavis!uop!mrapple
Disclaimer:   You didn't REALLY believe that, did you?
cat flames > /dev/null

JSHIN@HAMPVMS.BITNET ("C'est ma vie.") (05/26/89)

Hi!

A few days ago, someone mentioned "MEX" as a good alternative
to QTERM for VT100 emulation.

Well, there is a directory in simtel archive called "MEX"
(PD:<cpm.MEX>) and it seems that there are a lot of things in there.

I am trying to download some of them and see what happens; has anyone
done that before?  Let us know!

(i.e., are the files in the MEX directory the real MEX?)

THNX
                             John Shin
                            (JSHIN@HAMPVMS.bitnet)

pechter@scr1.UUCP (Bill Pechter) (06/02/89)

In article <8905270704.AA15124@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> JSHIN@HAMPVMS.BITNET ("C'est ma vie.") writes:

>Hi!
>
>A few days ago, someone mentioned "MEX" as a good alternative
>to QTERM for VT100 emulation.
>
>Well, there is a directory in simtel archive called "MEX"
>(PD:<cpm.MEX>) and it seems that there are a lot of things in there.

The MexPlus package I mentioned is the follow up to the Public Domain
Mex you found on Simtel.  It is available from Niteowl Software in
Ft. Atkinson, WI.  1-800-Niteowl is the ordering line.

I don't have my docs here, but info for Ft. Atkinson should have their
tech support number if you have questions.  The 800 line is for orders
only.

Bill
--
Bill Pechter -- Home - 103 Governors Road, Lakewood, NJ 08701 (201)370-0709
Work -- Concurrent Computer Corp., 2 Crescent Pl, MS 172, Oceanport,NJ 07757