[comp.os.cpm] Read IBM floppies??

josef@ugun21.UUCP (05/31/89)

I have an SB180FX with 2 3.5" and 2 5.25" floppies connected.
Does anybody know if there is a way to read standard IBM PC floppies?
		Josef Moellers

	paper mail:			e-mail:
c/o Nixdorf Computer AG		USA:  uunet!linus!nixbur!mollers.pad
Abt. DU-SC 1			!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad
Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring			Phone:
D-4790 Paderborn		(+49) 5251 104691
| "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life.	|
|  Can You give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out	|
|  death in judgement"							|
|			Gandalf to Frodo in "The Fellowship of the Ring"|

h3x2@tank.uchicago.edu (andrew abrams shapiro) (06/03/89)

In article <6500004@ugun21> josef@ugun21.UUCP writes:

>I have an SB180FX with 2 3.5" and 2 5.25" floppies connected.
>Does anybody know if there is a way to read standard IBM PC floppies?

I'm not sure, but I know who WOULD be sure:  Bridger Mitchell.  He's
the author of a commercial program called DOSDISK.  It runs on my
'84 Kaypro/TurboROM, and it MAY be available for the SB180FX.  To
get in touch with Bridger, try one of the Z-nodes around the country;
Lillypute ZNODE in Chicago is (312)-649-1730; you might want to try
there first.

wieland@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) (06/06/89)

In article <6500004@ugun21> josef@ugun21.UUCP writes:

>I have an SB180FX with 2 3.5" and 2 5.25" floppies connected.
>Does anybody know if there is a way to read standard IBM PC floppies?
>		Josef Moellers

Plu*Perfect Systems has a version of DosDisk for the SB180 and SB180FX.
The only catch is that you need the XSystems XBIOS for it to work.
XBIOS is a replacement bios for the SB180's moves much of the bios code
into an alternate RAM bank.  I don't have XSystems address in front of
me, but I can get it for you if you need it.

Plu*Perfect Systems' address is: 410 23rd St.
				 Santa Monica, CA  90402

The price for DosDisk for the SB180 is $35.

I believe that there is also a version of Uniform for the SB180, but
I don't know how to get in touch with the people who market it.

			    Jeff Wieland
			wieland@ecn.purdue.edu