[comp.os.cpm] ANSI X. 3.64 and CP/M 3

JSHIN@HAMPVMS.BITNET (The Game Master) (06/29/89)

Ahem...

Does CP/M 3 support graphics?  (Silly question, I know, but I am
trying to decide if it is worth migrating to cp/m 3 - if you have
other good reasons - besides the slightly larger workspace - let
me know)

Also, I need to know the escape sequences for ANSI X. 3.64, which
I think does color graphics.  Hey, standard is there to be used,
no?

Last question ; what happens if you leave the CLKIN signal open on
the RS-232C bus?  I have a QX-10, if that matters.

Thank you!!

John Shin

dbraun@cadev4.intel.com (Doug Braun ~) (06/30/89)

Speaking of this, how can I get a copy of CP/M 3?  Since I wrote
the BIOS for CP/M 2.2 on my system, I would need a "generic" 8"
floppy version of CP/M 3 with the specifications for the BIOS.
Does Digital Research still sell this?  How much would it cost?

Doug Braun				Intel Corp CAD
					408 765-4279

 / decwrl \
 | hplabs |
-| oliveb |- !intelca!mipos3!cadev4!dbraun
 | amd    |
 \ qantel /

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (07/01/89)

In article <8906290704.AA24819@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> JSHIN@HAMPVMS.BITNET (The Game Master) writes:
>Does CP/M 3 support graphics?

  No.  It allows you to use more than 64K of RAM and makes it easier to
  use other USER numbers.

>Also, I need to know the escape sequences for ANSI X. 3.64, which
>I think does color graphics.  Hey, standard is there to be used, no?

X3.64 does not do graphics like circles and diagonal lines and such.
It does define how to invoke color text.  ("$" below means the ESC char)
  $[30m = use black text	$[40m = use black background
  $[31m = use red text		$[41m = use red background
  $[32m = use green text	$[42m = use green background
  $[33m = use yellow text	$[43m = use yellow background
  $[34m = use blue text		$[44m = use blue background
  $[35m = use magenta text	$[45m = use magenta background
  $[36m = use cyan text		$[46m = use cyan background
  $[37m = use white text	$[47m = use white background.

If your screen normally has white text on a black background, you can
make it inverse video by using either "$[7m" or "$[30;47m".  For other
escape sequences, check the manual on any VT100 compatible terminal.

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms