[comp.os.cpm] Writing PC-DOS Disks on a Kaypro

garry@retix.retix.retix.com (Garry Star) (08/23/89)

I have a friend that wants to transfer several disks worth of
data from her Kaypro to an IBM due to laser printer access.
Does anyone have a public domain program that allows a Kaypro to
write MS/PC-DOS disks?  Any pointers (or executables) would be
greatly appreciated.
Please reply via mail since I am not a subscriber to this group.

Garry Star, Retix,  (213) 399-2200
garry@retix.retix.com
X.400	C=US; ADMD=ATTMAIL; PRMD=RETIXX400; S=Star; G=Garry

bill@flash.UUCP (William Swan) (08/24/89)

In article <GARRY.89Aug22141045@retix.retix.retix.com> garry@retix.retix.retix.com (Garry Star) writes:
}Does anyone have a public domain program that allows a Kaypro to
}write MS/PC-DOS disks?

I (actually, my mother) has need for this also. Her alternative is to sell
the Kaypro and buy a PC-clone. :-(

--
Bill Swan  entropy.ms.washington.edu!sigma!bill  Send postal address for info:
	Innocent but in prison in Washington State for 13.5 years:

SAGE@LL.LL.MIT.EDU (08/25/89)

Bill Swan and others asked about public domain programs to allow reading
and writing MS-DOS disks on a Kaypro.  Why does it have to be public domain?
If you have a TurboROM or KROM, you can use the marvelous DosDisk from
Plu*Perfect.  It costs only $30, hardly a lot of money to make the machine
useful.  With DosDisk, one of the Kaypro drives will act just like an MS-DOS
drive: you can use all your standard programs to access files on the disk.
DosDisk is unique in giving you access not only to the root directory of the
DOS disk but to all subdirectories as well.

-- Jay Sage

bill@flash.UUCP (William Swan) (08/29/89)

In article <8908260703.AA26950@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> SAGE@LL.LL.MIT.EDU writes:
>Bill Swan and others asked about public domain programs to allow reading
>and writing MS-DOS disks on a Kaypro.  Why does it have to be public domain?
>If you have a TurboROM or KROM, you can use the marvelous DosDisk from
>Plu*Perfect.  It costs only $30, hardly a lot of money to make the machine
>useful.  [...]

Speaking strictly for myself, it does not have to be public domain. It just
seemed more likely to be p/d than to be a commercial product.

Be that as it may - the Kaypro in question is vanilla, so where can I get a
"TurboROM" or "KROM", and how much is *that*?

(Also, do you have an address for Plu*Perfect?)

--
Bill Swan  entropy.ms.washington.edu!sigma!bill  Send postal address for info:
	Innocent but in prison in Washington State for 13.5 years:
	Ms. Debbie Runyan: incarcerated 01/1989, scheduled release 07/2002.
	                   In now:  0 years,  7 months,  1 week,   1 day.