[comp.os.cpm] DecMate II/CPM problem

paravia@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Mark David Kakatsch) (10/01/89)

Hello. I just picked up a DEC DecMate II w/ CPM 2.2 very cheaply a couple of
days ago. The system works with some sort of word processing program which is
included, however, when I boot up the CPM installation disk, it won't let me
install or backup the CPM. I've tried some generic disks, along with Memorex
SSDD/DSDD disks. On all of them, I get a 'Disk upside down error on track 2,
sector 1'. This happens even though the disk is in correctly (When it's in
upside down, I get the error on T0,S0, like I should). Oh, the system software
was on a disk labelled RX50, although some of it was on 3M disks labelled
'RX50 compatible' or somesuch. Any ideas as to why this happens would be
appreciated.

Mark
--
| Albert Einstein got his name after he got| Mark D. Kakatsch                 |
| smashed from drinking only one stein of  | paravia@csd4.csd.uwm.edu         |

In article <290@uwm.edu> paravia@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Mark David Kakatsch) writes:
> Hello. I just picked up a DEC DecMate II w/ CPM 2.2 very cheaply a couple of
> days ago.

Does CP/M require a hardware option on the DECmate II?  If so, make sure you
have said option.  It might also be that the disks need to be formatted in
some way, and the ones you have aren't or had been recycled for some other
use that blew the formatting.