[comp.os.cpm] Hard Disk Drivers

umrose05@ccu.umanitoba.ca (10/17/89)

	I currently run Cpm 2.2 for my Trs-80 model 4, but have noticed
that it doesn't support a hard drive. I was wondering if anyone out there
knows what I have to do to be able to use my hard drive.

I have the 3+ version of Cpm as well and it does support my hard drive,
although it will only allow me to access 4000k or so of my 15megs.

Is there anyone out there that can help me?

josef@peun11.uucp (Moellers) (10/19/89)

umrose05@ccu.umanitoba.ca writes:

>	I currently run Cpm 2.2 for my Trs-80 model 4, but have noticed
>that it doesn't support a hard drive. I was wondering if anyone out there
>knows what I have to do to be able to use my hard drive.

This sounds like a trivial answer, but the details are not:
Simply 8-{) write a new BIOS / change Your existing BIOS.
If nobody else can help You, I have the source code for a BIOS which
supports SCSI hard disks. I might dig into it to find the exact
mechanism to switch from floppy to hard-disk.

		Josef Moellers

	paper mail:			e-mail:
c/o Nixdorf Computer AG		USA:  uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mollers.pad
Abt. DX-PC			!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad
Pontanusstrasse				Phone:
D-4790 Paderborn		(+49) 5251 146245
| "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life.	|
|  Can You give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out	|
|  death in judgement"							|
|			Gandalf to Frodo in "The Fellowship of the Ring"|