[comp.os.cpm] misc. Osborne questions

kevin@ucrmath.UCR.EDU (Kevin Lund) (10/25/89)

  I just got a couple of Osborne 1's, and now...questions, questions,
questions...

  First off, they came with an external monitor, but no plugs to go
on the vidoe connectors to activate the built in monitors.  I'm going
to see if the last owner has them and just forgot to send them, but
in case he doesn't, does anybody know how to make them?

  Next, one of them has an internal modem; what sort of commands does
it respond to?  And somebody said something about an 80 column upgrade;
any source for these?  Or for high density drive upgrades?

  And, lastly, is there an ftp site for cp/m software (yeah I know I'm
really reaching now!)

  thanks for any and all info...e-mail would probably be wise, and I'll
post a summary if there seems to be interest...

    kevin
    kevin@ucrmath.ucr.edu
    ...ucsd!ucrmath!kevin

josef@peun11.uucp (Moellers) (11/09/89)

Howard.Gerber@f88.n106.z1.fidonet.org (Howard Gerber) writes:

> KL>   And, lastly, is there an ftp site for cp/m software (yeah I know I'm
> KL> really reaching now!)
> Huh? What does "ftp site" mean?

1. Howard, did You notice a key on Your keyboard marked with something
   like "Carriage return", "Return" or the like?

2. An ftp site is a host on the usenet which runs an ftp deamon and
   allows other hosts (and especially users on those hosts) to access
   files on the local system.
   (Be aware that You'll need an account on such a host or the host has
   to provide an "anonymous" login to access specific files)

3. SIMTEL-20 has a host of cp/m software

Josef Moellers					| Nixdorf Computer AG
 USA:  uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mollers.pad	| Dept. DX-PC
!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad		| Pontanusstrasse
Phone: (+49) 5251 146245			| D-4790 Paderborn

edw@pinot.zehntel.com (Ed Wright) (11/17/89)

In article <11190010@hpldola.HP.COM= ritchie@hpldola.HP.COM (Dave Ritchie) writes:
=
= KL=   I just got a couple of Osborne 1's, and now...questions, questions,
= KL= questions...
=
= KL=   First off, they came with an external monitor, but no plugs to go
= KL= on the vidoe connectors to activate the built in monitors.  I'm going
= KL= to see if the last owner has them and just forgot to send them, but
= KL= in case he doesn't, does anybody know how to make them?
=
KEVIN:
The connector to run the internal monitor is just a loopback.
I do not know how the strapping went, but surely someone on the
net using an internal monitor can look at thiers and tell you.
Please gety in touch, I have misplaced your phone #, address, and
e-mail path, and I despeartely want to send you the bill for the
shipping.
Ed

     KA9AHQ                    sun or ucbvax or varian ! zehntel!edw