[comp.os.cpm] TERM program in ASM needed

wolfordj@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (j.w.wolford) (11/09/89)

I need a Z80 terminal emulator program... written in ASM so that I can put
it into ROM.

I have a Xerox 820, that I have Big Board ROM running on it... Well I have added
support for the low-profile keyboard and a terminal emulator, but it only
emulates a adm3a... nice enough to do visual editing on UNIX...

But, I want MORE, rather
than going out and re-inventing the wheel I wanted to check to see if any
one had a TERM program that I could assemble in... (Yes, I know some
changes would HAVE to be made, but... it would be a start).

I would like to add support for a printer and scroll back capability....
my my we have 64K of RAM and do NOTHING with it.....

A program that works on a Kaypro, Bigboard or Xerox 820-I or Xerox 820-II
would be a canidate....

Someone, PLEASE save me some work... (I don't have enough time for all this
already... -:)

Jeff Wolford					uunet---+
att!iwsag!jww						|
att!iwsag!iwtjw!jww				ucbvax--+---- att --+ iwsag!jww

						decvax--+

GEHRI@cc.usu.edu (Gehri Grimaud) (11/19/89)

In article <4614@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, wolfordj@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (j.w.wolford) writes:
> I need a Z80 terminal emulator program... written in ASM so that I can put
> it into ROM.

KERMIT has a VT52 emulator and is written in ASM. I know how to get it
over bitnet; SEND the command PUNCH CP4* * to KERMSRV@CUVMA (this info
is years old; it may have changed).

It's also available via anonymous FTP, but I don't know how to get there.

Roger Ivie
Borrowing Gehri Grimaud's account