[comp.os.cpm] Anyone running UUCP201 yet?!

ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) (11/16/89)

[First, please let me apologize for posting to the net, but I haven't been
able to contact David Goodenough via mail, nor at any of the 4 bbs numbers
he lists.]

Has anyone managed to get UUCP201 working yet?
I seem to have gotten QTERM (v4.1d) working reasonably well.
However, UUCP201 is a different story.

I've gotten to where I've editted TCAP.Z and CONFIG.Z to reflect my site and
my oddball hardware. (I had to write an interrupt routine to keep from
dropping characters, but that's another story...)

At this point, the documentation says to type
SUBMIT B:ALL
at the A prompt. Well, I've done that, and made sure it's the SUBMIT.COM that
came out of the UUCP201.LBR, and all I get is what seems to be the DRI SUBMIT
complaining that there's no input file! What gives?

I'd appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Andy

    ==--      Andreas Meyer  N2FYE
  -====---    AT&T National Systems Support Center
  --==----    uucp: ..!rutgers!sunybcs!nsscb!ameyer
    ----      or: ameyer%nsscb@sunybcs.cs.buffalo.edu

ianj@sactoh0.UUCP (Ian R. Justman) (11/17/89)

In article <1073@nsscb.UUCP>, ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) writes:

> At this point, the documentation says to type:
> SUBMIT B:ALL
> at the A prompt. Well, I've done that, and made sure it's the SUBMIT.COM that
> came out of the UUCP201.LBR, and all I get is what seems to be the DRI SUBMIT
> complaining that there's no input file! What gives?

I have the exact same problem on my system, only I forgot to modify
my tcap.z file (which shouldn't be too hard to do, since I already
have QTERM working on my system).  Evidently, the file ALL.SUB file
is missing from the library.  I too need it.
--
Home:   Ian Justman       |UUCP:                 |"One of the few
6612 Whitsett Drive       | ...{ames, att, sun}  |die-hard CP/M

ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) (11/26/89)

In article <2109@sactoh0.UUCP> ianj@sactoh0.UUCP (Ian R. Justman) writes:
> In article <1073@nsscb.UUCP>, ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) writes:
> >
> > At this point, the documentation says to type:
> > SUBMIT B:ALL
> > at the A prompt. Well, I've done that, and made sure it's the SUBMIT.COM that
> > came out of the UUCP201.LBR, and all I get is what seems to be the DRI SUBMIT
> > complaining that there's no input file! What gives?
>
> I have the exact same problem on my system, only I forgot to modify
> my tcap.z file (which shouldn't be too hard to do, since I already
> have QTERM working on my system).  Evidently, the file ALL.SUB file
> is missing from the library.  I too need it.

I can't believe Ian and I are the only ones trying to get this to work?!

Also there is mention of a QTERM 4.2 (with a larger patch area) -
does anyone have it? One of my oddball machines required that I write
a received character interrupt routine, and unfortunately it's bigger
that the 4.1d patch area.

(David, are you out there somewhere?)

Andy

    ==--      Andreas Meyer  N2FYE
  -====---    AT&T National Systems Support Center
  --==----    uucp: ..!rutgers!sunybcs!nsscb!ameyer
    ----      or: ameyer%nsscb@sunybcs.cs.buffalo.edu

wieland@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) (11/27/89)

I was one of the beta-testers for David.  The following is the
ALL.SUB that I used (since its so small I figured I might as
well post it):

zc -a $=:config.z -be
submit $=:others
submit $=:mail