[comp.os.cpm] Z80dos

bill@sigma.UUCP (William Swan) (11/26/87)

In article <KPETERSEN.12352545343.BABYL@SIMTEL20.ARPA> W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARPA (Keith Petersen) writes:
><CPM.BDOS>        SUPRDOS2.LBR  90112 8 Complete CP/M 2.2 BDOS replacement
><CPM.BDOS>        Z80DOS10.LBR  94976 8 Z80 replacement for CP/M 2.2 BDOS

Can somebody tell me about Z80DOS?

I happened to get a copy of P2DOS a while back, and have just now gotten
around to installing it (yes, it works!). The main attraction was having
timestamps, although the search path (I haven't implemented that yet) seems
also to be a good idea. The extra space freed up is a big help in supporting
additional ZCPR3 features.

I am aware of the existence of SUPRDOS, but this plethora of p/d BDOSes
is annoying.. ZCPR3 was a whole lot easier to decide on for the lack of
"competition".

If somebody could post or e-mail me a comparison of SUPRDOS, Z80DOS, and
P2DOS, I would be grateful. (Of course, if somebody would send me SUPRDOS
and Z80DOS, *I* would post the comparison.   only 1/2 :-)

--
William Swan  {ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!sigma!bill =====O
"Old Pipers never die, they just blow away.."                       *\:-)

Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) (11/28/89)

'Need a little bit of help with Z80DOS. I assembled Z80DOS23 and every
is working OK, as far as code and such goes. It does stamp the files,
and does give me a date, but I seem to have entered the wrong BIOS
address for the clock routine. The dates are something insane such as:

Oct-13-1985 59:15

I have a Xerox 820-II. If someone could give me the address of the clock
routine, Id be extremely happy. (or if someone who already installed
Z80DOS on a xerox 820-II could give me the Z80DHDR.LIB file, that would be
even better!

(BTW: if its any different, Im assembling into a ZRL file for loading
with JETLDR under NZCOM)

Many thanx.

Billy D'Augustine
Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com