[comp.os.cpm] Help with 8251a

jeffery@polari.UUCP (Jeffery Foy) (12/25/89)

I have a machine which I would dearly love to put ZMP (Zmodem Program)
on.  However, I know less than a nybble about the 8251a usart chip that
it uses. Does anyone have a ZMP overlay (or is it insert??) for the
8251a and/or BMC if800 Model 20 (this is the computer).

Please don't send any mail to me at  polari!jeffery as I *might* not
get it after 1/5/90.  Best to send mail to  jeff@seaeast.wa.com or
rutgers!seaeast!jeff.  Thanks for any help/pointers....

Jeff

shad04@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Dan Fandrich) (12/29/89)

In article <1127@polari.UUCP> jeffery@polari.UUCP (Jeffery Foy) writes:

>I have a machine which I would dearly love to put ZMP (Zmodem Program)
>on.  However, I know less than a nybble about the 8251a usart chip that
>it uses. Does anyone have a ZMP overlay (or is it insert??) for the
>8251a and/or BMC if800 Model 20 (this is the computer).

I've written a driver for the Intertec Superbrain, which uses an 8251 and
a BR1941M baud rate generator.  I haven't posted it anywhere, but if you'd
like the source, drop me a line.  Who knows, if might just take an equate
change to get it working for you.

>>> Dan
--
>>> Dan Fandrich