[comp.os.cpm] A CP/M version of Tetris

JSHIN@HAMPVMS.BITNET ("No, me?") (02/19/90)

Hello!

Tetris release v. 2.0 just passed the David Goodenough test for QTerm
patch compatibility (D.G.T.F.Q.P.C.).  This means, yes, finally, that
it is ready for distribution, etc.

Tetris is a video game invented by a Russian person, made familiar to
us through the Nintendo and Arcade versions.  If you do not know the
details of the game, consult a nearest video game renting store or a
video game center, or a person whom you consider to be conducive to
video game playing.

I have created three different archives for the same program.
TE20ANSI.ARK is patched for ANSI type terminals.  TE20TVI.ARK is
patched for TVI type terminals (^Z for clrscr, ^[=rc +20h for cursor
movement).  TETRIS20.ARK is a bit bigger, and has examples of both
TVI and ANSI so that patching can be done a bit more easily.

Like I mentioned, Tetris uses the patches for QTerm v.4.2. (which is
not really compatible with some of the earlier patch versions).
Considering the level of stress and the nature of the crises I have
been going through, I think I will end up producing a few more games
by the time my Division III (=senior thesis) is over.  Also,
David is a rather productive programmer, so I suggest you keep
around a COMPLETE (not the ones that come in my ARK's) version of
QTerm patches around for your terminal type...     :-)

Anyways, if you want the spiel, drop me a line stating which one
of the three versions you'd like.

IF YOU WANT TO DISTRIBUTE TO OTHERS, please use TETRIS20.ARK for the
sake of completeness, and please let me know beforehand so that I can
update you whenever necessary.

Thnx!!!

                -John (JShin@HampVMS.bitnet)
                      (JShin%HampVMS.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)

ameyer@nsscb.UUCP (Andy Meyer) (02/20/90)

In article <9002190810.AA24720@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> JSHIN@HAMPVMS.BITNET ("No, me?") writes:
> Tetris release v. 2.0 ...
> ...is ready for distribution, etc.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but WHY? Is there something wrong
with QUATRIS (by Steven B. Perkins)? I'm not much of a game player,
but for the few times I've played QUATRIS, it very closely resembled
what I had seen of the arcade version.

> Considering the level of stress and the nature of the crises I have
> been going through, I think I will end up producing a few more games
> by the time my Division III (=senior thesis) is over.

Wouldn't you diminish that stress if you were working on your thesis
like you should be, instead of writing those computer games?!  :-)

Andy
--
 Andreas Meyer N2FYE                      AT&T National Systems Support Center