[comp.os.cpm] Question re:IMSAI 8080

Gregory@cup.portal.com (Gregory Paul Spear) (02/22/90)

I have an Imsai 8080 with both 5 1/4 & 8 inch drives.  I want to know
if anybody has information on where I can get a copy of CP/M for it.
I think there is a copy of Forth, but I'd rather run CP/M.  It's been
in storage for about 10 years and I'm considering resurrecting it.
Thanks

Greg Spear @ Portal

bill@inebriae.UUCP (Bill Kennedy) (02/23/90)

In article <27185@cup.portal.com> Gregory@cup.portal.com (Gregory Paul Spear) writes:
>I have an Imsai 8080 with both 5 1/4 & 8 inch drives.  I want to know

[ looking for 5.25: CP/M for the Imsai ]

>in storage for about 10 years and I'm considering resurrecting it.
>Thanks
>
>Greg Spear @ Portal

If it has been stored that long, be *VERY* careful powering it up.  You
might consider covering it with a thick blanket or something, the caps
in the power supply have been known to explode when powered up for the
first time in a long time.  Not all of them, but some have.  It's more of
a mess and disappointment than a danger if you'll leave the lid on and
cover it with something.  The older power supply (upright caps, wired
on top) was the worst offender, but I'd be careful with either.
--
Bill Kennedy    {texbell,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
                bill@ssbn.WLK.COM  or attmail!ssbn!bill