[comp.os.cpm] Several questions

ggray@wpi.wpi.edu (Gary P Gray) (02/26/90)

Several short questions:

A) Is ZCPR a public domain (or shareware) program?
B) Is ZCPR worth bothering with on a non-hardisk system (i.e. Osborne exec)
C) Is Turbo Pascal still available for CPM?
D) What is the bye program?

Thanks.

--
-- WARNING!!! The above opinions may be HAZARDOUS or FATAL if swallowed!!! --
"I thought I was the Balley Table king/    |  Gary Gray -- ggray@wpi.wpi.edu

ianj@sactoh0.UUCP (Ian R. Justman) (02/27/90)

In article <9107@wpi.wpi.edu>, ggray@wpi.wpi.edu (Gary P Gray) writes:
> Several short questions:
>
> A) Is ZCPR a public domain (or shareware) program?

Well, it all depends on which version.  Version 3.4 is commercial,
but version 3.3 is definitely public domain.  I use it all the
time, but then again, I use it on a hard disk-based system, which
brings me to:

> B) Is ZCPR worth bothering with on a non-hardisk system (i.e. Osborne exec)

Not the PD versions of ZCPR because they're meant for CP/M 2.2, and
the Ozzy Exec, if I remember properly, uses CP/M Plus.  The package
you want is Z3PLUS which is commercial, and you can get it from
Sage Microsystems East.  Jay, you will have to help me on SME's
address because I don't have it in front of me.

> C) Is Turbo Pascal still available for CPM?

Not to my immediate knowledge.  I know that you can no longer buy
it from Borland, but I do hear that you can get a ZCPR3 version of
it somewhere (please correct me if I'm wrong).

> D) What is the bye program?

It is a program that, when executed, will allow you (or someone
else) to use your computer as if the operator was actually seated
at it.  However, its primary use is for BBS programs.  Almost all
RCPMs (if not, all) use it.

> Thanks.

Anytime.
--
Home:   Ian Justman   |UUCP:(1) My CP/M machine.       |"One of the few
6612 Whitsett Drive   |     (2) My host.               |die-hard CP/M

rtodd@thoreau.nsc.com (Ron Todd) (02/27/90)

Recent posting asks if Turbo Pascal is still available
for CP/M, the answer is YES.  A few months ago I finally took
the plunge.  The source is

   Elliam Associates
   PO Box 6922
   Los Osos, CA  93412

      Phone:  (805) 466-8440

They have a huge amount of stuff for CP/M, ask for their catalog.

The price for Turbo Pascal was $60.00 and it was version 3.1.

Ron Todd (National Semiconductor, South Portland, Maine)