[comp.os.cpm] 8008 development under CP/M-80 ?

secrist@msdoa2.enet.dec.com ("That was Zen, this is Tao.") (04/12/90)

Yes, 8008 !

I am reviving an 8008-based beast.  Do any CP/M cross-assemblers exist
for it ?  Is it a simple matter of hacking a 8080 assembler and writing
8008 ?  Anyone have a source of data sheets for this beast ?

Regards,
rcs

cs2591aq@carina.unm.edu (aNk1ez) (04/13/90)

In article <9004112045.AA21047@decpa.pa.dec.com> secrist@msdoa2.enet.dec.com ("That was Zen, this is Tao.") writes:
>I am reviving an 8008-based beast.  Do any CP/M cross-assemblers exist
>for it ?  Is it a simple matter of hacking a 8080 assembler and writing
>8008 ?  Anyone have a source of data sheets for this beast ?

Good lord, thats an OLD chip you've got there... whew.. uhm, i doubt
if you'll find anything for CP/M (short of old Altair distribution tapes.)
that will support the 8008.  you might try (Tee Hee Hee) calling Intel and
seeing if they still have anything in their dumpsters on that chip....
(Even Better.. "Hello Intel? I was wondering if you still carried the 4004")

Find someone w/ an old altair is probably your best shot..  good luck!

Re: Commodore PET, uhm. i must be mistaken, but i thought for SURE that those
were 6502 or 6809 based machines. gonna be a bas**** to get anything 8086 or
Z80 onto that.. tho, i could be wrong. havent touched a PET since Elementary
School days.. (I remember they had these really nasty tiny metal keys and
a tape drive in the console. uuuugh.) (but that was the really old ones. i've
seen ones that have real person keyboards.)