[comp.os.cpm] Aztec C for CP/M Dropped

gonzalez@bbn.com (Jim Gonzalez) (04/11/90)

I called Manx Software Systems (201-780-3072), last month, to confirm that
they still carried the CP/M version of Aztec C.  A man answered the phone
as if it were his home.  Uh-oh.  I asked about Aztec C for CP/M.  He said
that the company is now called "MCS", and they no longer support CP/M.  I
was so disappointed that I forgot to ask if they'd put the CP/M version
into the public domain.

I've since bought BDS C 1.60c through Jay Sage.  I wish there was some way
to get intrinsic floating point, perhaps as a compiler option, but it is
otherwise a sound, fast compiler.  If anyone else is running BDS C under
CDOS, I'd be interested in hearing from them.

				-Jim.

paul@athertn.Atherton.COM (Paul Sander) (04/15/90)

In article <54714@bbn.COM> gonzalez@bbn.com (Jim Gonzalez) writes:
>Sender: news@bbn.COM
>
>I called Manx Software Systems (201-780-3072), last month, to confirm that
>they still carried the CP/M version of Aztec C.  A man answered the phone
>as if it were his home.  Uh-oh.  I asked about Aztec C for CP/M.  He said
>that the company is now called "MCS", and they no longer support CP/M.

Are you kidding?  I just bought copies of Aztec C for Apple ProDOS and
CP/M from Manx three weeks ago.  When I called, a woman answered the phone
in a professional manner, had never heard of what I wanted and passed me
along to another woman who was very helpful.  She said they BOTH compilers
in stock, and I had them in my hand 7 days later (shipped UPS ground).
She did admit that she didn't know anyone was still using Apple CP/M, though.

I've called their technical support BBS sevaral times, and it seems to be
active, and it still answers the phone as "Manx".
--
Paul Sander        (408) 734-9822  | Beware the programmer whose code
paul@Atherton.COM                  | reusability tool is the "copy" command.