[comp.os.cpm] UZI for Z80

slayden@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (James B. Slayden) (06/29/90)

	Is there anyone out there that has tried to implement UZI on the
Cambridge Z88 portable? For that matter does anyone know of a C compiler for
the same? The Z88 runs off the Z80 processor with their own OS called OZ.
All info will be much appreciated.

				James B. Slayden
				slayden@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov

gary@cdthq (gary) (06/30/90)

slayden@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov (James B. Slayden) writes:
> the same? The Z88 runs off the Z80 processor with their own OS called OZ.

I believe the Z88 uses an Intel 8088 cpu, rather than the Zilog Z80.
The ZX-80 was a Z80 machine, though.

Gary Heston, at home....

tilmann@cosmo.UUCP (Tilmann Reh) (07/04/90)

gary@cdthq (gary) writes:
> I believe the Z88 uses an Intel 8088 cpu, rather than the Zilog Z80.

Sorry, Gary, but *believing* is NOT *knowing*!
The Z88 indeed is a Z80 machine.

Sorry, James, but I do not know any software for the Z88, nor a way to
get CP/M or CP/M programs to run on it.

Tilmann

tswenson@dgis.dtic.dla.mil (Timothy Swenson) (07/04/90)

>> the same? The Z88 runs off the Z80 processor with their own OS called OZ.
>I believe the Z88 uses an Intel 8088 cpu, rather than the Zilog Z80.
>The ZX-80 was a Z80 machine, though.
>Gary Heston, at home....
Bzzzzzzztt, Sorry, no stove, no cigar.  The Z88 uses a Z80.
Sir Clive wanted the QL to have a Z80, but his engineers
wanted the sporty 68008.  With the Z88, he went back to the
reliable Z80.
The original poster was right in that respect.  But the OS is not
called OZ, it is called PipeDream.

Tim Swenson
Newsletter Editor,
Capital Area Timex/Sinclair User Group