[comp.os.cpm] simtel20 archives

GTI@PSUVMA.BITNET (11/25/86)

What are the commands to have the Simtel20 archives send me information,
i.e. a Directory of what is contained in them.

                                   Leon Geesey
                                     Student
                                  Penn State Univ

vzb@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Mike Rieser) (07/19/90)

I've seen a few references to the SIMTEL20 Archives.
How does one access them?
Is there any PD CP/M code which can be ftp'ed?

Thanks,
Mike

wgh@hprmokg.HP.COM (Bill Hooper) (07/21/90)

>I've seen a few references to the SIMTEL20 Archives.
>How does one access them?
>Is there any PD CP/M code which can be ftp'ed?

I would like this information also.

Thanks!

Bill Hooper, HP Networked Computer Manufacturing Operation, wgh@hprmo.hp.com
That's the problem with crunch heads - they have one great idea that actually
works then they expect you to carry on funding them for years while they sit
and calculate the topographies of their navels.
			Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Douglas Adams

luke@i88.isc.com (Luke Weerts) (07/25/90)

In article <12281@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> vzb@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Mike Rieser) writes:
>I've seen a few references to the SIMTEL20 Archives.
>How does one access them?
>Is there any PD CP/M code which can be ftp'ed?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Assuming you have Internet access:

ftp wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
user: anonymous

This is a TOPS system.  You'll find the CP/M stuff by:

cd pd2:<cpm>

To transfer binary files you'll need to use the 'tenex' file type.

Luke
--
Luke Weerts, Software Technologies Group        | luke@i88.isc.com
INTERACTIVE Systems Corporation, Naperville, IL | ...!{sun,ico}!laidbak!luke