[comp.os.cpm] looking for a cross-compiler for 64180

gtw@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au (Grant Waldram) (11/05/90)

I'm currently trying to track down a cross compiler for the
HD64180. As most of you would know, this is Hitachi's version
of the Z180. The thing we've got at the moment
(IAR Systems ICCZ80 V2.22C/MD2) is a DOG to put it politely,
managing to fall in an undignified heap whenever we want to
compile more than 30K of C source.

We're using the CPU as a device controller, if it is any
help.

Oh, we're currently cross-compiling from a PC, but it would
be possible to work from a microVAX. UNIX would be difficult
to arrange, but we'd probably be happy to do it just for a
new compiler :)

Thanx in anticipation...

Grant Waldram (Atom Smash),		ACSnet: atom%eyrie@labtam.oz.au
img Consultants,                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
G.P.O. Box 3304GG, Melbourne,		- DON'T TRUST THE MAIL HEADER -
Australia 3001                       bang as appropriate in order to route

ps: also available at 's884764@otto.bf.rmit.oz.au'

bmw@isgtec.uucp (Bruce M. Walker) (11/08/90)

In article <1988@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au> gtw@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au (Grant Waldram) writes:
> I'm currently trying to track down a cross compiler for the HD64180.

Try "Z-World" who advertise regularly in Byte magazine.  My spies inform me
that their stuff (C, xasm, remote debugger) is good.

--
bmw@isgtec.uucp  [ ..uunet!utai!lsuc!isgtec!bmw ]  Bruce Walker

etrmg@levels.sait.edu.au (11/10/90)

 In article <1988@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au>, gtw@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au (Grant Waldram) writes:
> I'm currently trying to track down a cross compiler for the
> HD64180. As most of you would know, this is Hitachi's version
> of the Z180. The thing we've got at the moment
> (IAR Systems ICCZ80 V2.22C/MD2) is a DOG to put it politely,
> managing to fall in an undignified heap whenever we want to
> compile more than 30K of C source.

Hi:

Last year I bought Cross-16 from Universal Cross Assemblers in CANADA.
I used it for Z80 code development on a PCXT to be used with MT-Basic
on a NSC-800 based STD-Bus computer.  Everything worked fine.

UCA now has a Cross-32 Assembler they are offering to me for 99US$
The retail price is 199US$, but I still believe Cross-16 is 99$.

They not only compile for the Z80 and 64180, but for over 30 processors
total.  It's table driven, so you can do your own too.  The info
is: UCA  POB 6158, Saint John, NB CANADA   E2L 4R6          Tel 506 847 0681

Tell'em Ronn sent ya.   If you're too cheep to buy your own, I can sell
you mine maybe. . .  Or if you're in a hurry.

Ronn

etrmg@levels.sait.edu.au (11/12/90)

In article <717@isgtec.UUCP>, bmw@isgtec.uucp (Bruce M. Walker) writes:
> In article <1988@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au> gtw@eyrie.img.uu.oz.au (Grant Waldram) writes:
>> I'm currently trying to track down a cross compiler for the HD64180.
>
> Try "Z-World" who advertise regularly in Byte magazine.  My spies inform me
> that their stuff (C, xasm, remote debugger) is good.

Well, I saw alot of nice brochures on their Z80 stuff about a year ago.
Looked like they had a great co-processor board for the PC (Blue Thunder?)
That seemed like the ticket for cross/Pc-host code development.  Considering
all the guff in c.o.cpm lately about Z80MU, I'd try to run a co-processor
and get Hi-Tech C on it to do the C code. . . .  That'd be about 1K bucks??

Maybe, that would be affordable by a code developer.  I wouldn't mind it
personally :-)

Ronn