[comp.os.cpm] CP/M Benchmarksexit

) (11/23/90)

In article <1064@inews.intel.com>, dbraun@cadev5.intel.com (Doug Braun ~) writes:
> Can anyone suggest any benchmark programs for CP/M computers,
> such as Dhrystone, or something like the Norton "SI" program?

Didn't Dr. Dobb's have some of this type of thing in C some time ago?
I recall that the C User's Group might have had it alternatively. . .

I'll give it a look. . .

> I guess the problem with Dhrystone is that it is really a
> compiler/machine benchmark, and there is no standard C compiler
> for CP/M.

In Embedded Systems Programming tere was something on this type of thing too;
A Rhrealstone gage for Realtime systems. . .
I'll get that issue # tonight.

> To get things rolling:  My Z280 system and the Code Works Q/C Compiler,
> modified to generate Z280 code, give just about 500 Dhrystones/second.

Why do this?
Ronn