[comp.os.cpm] 1.2meg 5.25 inch floppy as 8 inch floppy

tom@afthree.as.arizona.edu (Thomas J. Trebisky) (11/30/90)

vspicer@ccu.umanitoba.ca writes:
>i would like some more info on interfacing 5.25" 1.2 meg floppies
>	what leads of the 50 pins on an 8" floppy interface are used
>	on th 5.25" floppy's connection?

I have been following this discussion with much interest, the idea of putting
a modern floppy drive onto an old controller intended for 8 inch drives sounds
very interesting.  If someone has the details of the cable, please post it.

I am admittedly ignorant about the newer (modern) drives, but what are the
possiblities of doing the same trick with a 3.5 inch (1.44Meg) floppy drive?

	ttrebisky@as.arizona.edu (Internet)