[comp.os.cpm] DIRECT Disk Format

barbecue@pine.circa.ufl.edu (MERCER) (12/29/90)

some CPM disks from a DIRECT machine.  He needs to transfer this
data to MS-DOS format.  I told him I would try reading his disks
with my C-128 running CPM+, but I didn't have any luck.  All I
really need to do is read the data off the disks and upload it to
another system, I don't actually have to transfer to another disk.
Does anyone know anything about the DIRECT computer and its disk
format?  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Please reply
by mail, as I might miss your message otherwise.

--------
BARBECUE@pine.circa.ufl.edu - Internet
BARBECUE@UFPINE - BITNET

donm@pnet07.cts.com (Don Maslin) (12/30/90)

barbecue@pine.circa.ufl.edu (MERCER) writes:
>some CPM disks from a DIRECT machine.  He needs to transfer this
>data to MS-DOS format.  I told him I would try reading his disks

Probably his best shot is to find someone with a PC and UniForm-PC or 22Disk
who should be able to read them easily.  There is a Direct 1025 listed in
UniForm-PC, and likely in 22Disk, also.

Keeper of the CP/M System Disk | UUCP: {nosc ucsd crash ncr-sd}!pnet07!donm
Archives for the Dino(saur)SIG | ARPA: simasd!pnet07!donm@nosc.mil
- San Diego Computer Society - | INET: donm@pnet07.cts.com