[comp.os.cpm] Looking for mailing list program for CP/M

tom@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) (12/12/90)

A group I'm associated with just had a Kaypro 4 donated to them and I'm
looking  for a mailing list program to get them started.  Any suggestions?

Does anyone have a pointer to something available thru SIMTEL?

Thanks.

--
Tom Albrecht

bhh@insight.FIDONET.ORG (Brian Hughes) (12/23/90)

 > From: tom@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht)

 > A group I'm associated with just had a Kaypro 4
 > donated to them and I'm
 > looking  for a mailing list program to get them
 > started.  Any suggestions?

 > Does anyone have a pointer to something available thru
 > SIMTEL?

 > Thanks.

 > --
 > Tom Albrecht

Tom,

   There was a version of PCfile that was written for CP/M.  The primary computer it was to run on, though, was OS-1.  It will work with the Kaypro, but the opening screens are all trash. The upshot is  that if  they ever convert to Ms-Dos, the can upgrade to a PC version and still use their old files.  E-Mail me if you can't find it.

--
FidoNet  : 1:129/65.1 Insight BBS  UUCP/SEAdog/Kitten (412) 487-3701
UUCP     : ..pitt!darth!insight!bhh

sage@LL.MIT.EDU (Jay Sage) (01/02/91)

Z-System, then he should try Joe Mortenson's ZDB (Z DataBase), a small
database program for just this purpose that is currently under active
development.  I have not used it myself, but it gets excellent reviews from
callers at my Z-Node.  It has probably been posted to the Z areas on
SIMTEL20.

-- Jay Sage