[comp.os.cpm] CP/M emulation under Unix?

rzh@ICF.LLNL.GOV (R. Hanscom) (01/16/91)

In <2283@texsun.Central.Sun.COM> rct@erasure.East.Sun.COM (Robert C.
Terzi - Sun Consulting) writes:

> Does a Z-80/8080 emulator exist that runs under Unix, preferably
> that can boot CP/M, using files to emulate the floppies?

an emulator was recently released on the network.  don't know the
details, I haven't tried it.

> Failing that any cross-assemblers or compilers that will run under
> Unix and generate binaries that will run under CP/M?

You Bet!!  The C Users Group has released a diskette of cross assmebler
sources that includes one for the Z80 written by Will Colley (sp??)
called "AZ80" (I think).  I run it on an MS-DOS machine, and find it
quite nice.  I believe it was also posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc *VERY*
recently.  It is written in C, so I see no reason why an enterprising
Sun-ite couldn't port it to UNIX (or most any place that has a decent
C compiler.)

> Thanks,
> --Rob
>
>+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>|Robert C. Terzi                                        Internet: rct@Sun.COM|
>|Sun Consulting Services          UUCP: ...!sun!rct, {sun,philabs}!gotham!rct|
>|Sun Microsystems, Inc.                               BellNet: (212) 558-9137|
>|USnail: Sun Microsystems, Inc.  14 Floor, 45 Broadway,  New York,  NY, 10006|
>+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

You are welcome.

       roger                icf!rzh@lll-winken.llnl.gov
                              rzh@phoenix.ocf.llnl.gov

davidsen@antarctica.crd.GE.COM (william E Davidsen) (01/25/91)

In article <9101181629.AA14291@icf.llnl.gov.llnl.gov>, rzh@ICF.LLNL.GOV
(R. Hanscom) writes:
There was a CP/M emulator posted to alt.sources, did anyone try it? I't
in my list of stuff to check out. The first posting was incomplete, but
there was a 2nd, later.

--
Bill Davidsen (davidsen@crdos1.crd.ge.com,
uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)