[comp.os.cpm] CP/M to DOS and Software Sources

fatooley@cc.usu.edu (Edgar Tooley) (01/30/91)

I have a friend who recently bought a Televideo 803 CP/M based computer.  She
thought she was getting MS-DOS but now she would like to try and make it work.
She wants to do word processing at home and then print on a DOS machine at
work.  Can anyone give me some software sources for CP/M and a solution for her
DOS-CP\M conversion problem.

Thanks
Edgar Tooley

P.B.Halverson@massey.ac.nz (P.B. Halverson) (02/01/91)

... as far as applications software goes, there are still lots of
BBSs about

SYDEX, P.O. Box 5700, Eugene, Oregon, ph:(503)683-6033,
FAX:(503)683-1622, and FINALLY BBS:(503)683-1385 publishes a great
CP/M disk drive emulator that would allow file transfers between
CP/M and DOS.  I "bought" a copy ($15 hardly qualifies as a
purchase) and it works like a charm.  Hundreds of drives are
supported 8"/5.25"/3.5" and the author will build a disk
descriptor file for you if it's not already written.

Great product -great company.  Good Luck

Cheers,

Philip Halverson
P.B.Halverson@massey.ac.nz

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) (02/01/91)

fatooley@cc.usu.edu (Edgar Tooley) writes:

> I have a friend who recently bought a Televideo 803 CP/M based computer.  She
> thought she was getting MS-DOS but now she would like to try and make it work
> She wants to do word processing at home and then print on a DOS machine at
> work.  Can anyone give me some software sources for CP/M and a solution for h
> DOS-CP\M conversion problem.
>
> Thanks
> Edgar Tooley

She might try 22DISK on her DOS machine.  I use it all the time
on mine.  Good little utility.