[comp.os.cpm] Hello? Hello? Anyone home? Hello?

pevans@cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Phillip Evans) (02/05/91)

Has everyone died and gone to Z80 heaven?  The last mesage I read in this
newsgroup was about two weeks ago.  If there have been any posts since
say, Jan 28th would someone say so in email to me?  Hello?

MARC.NEWMAN@f601.n106.z1.fidonet.org (MARC NEWMAN) (02/07/91)

>Has everyone died and gone to Z80 heaven?  The last mesage I read in this
>newsgroup was about two weeks ago.  If there have been any posts since
>say, Jan 28th would someone say so in email to me?  Hello?

I have 13 messages in the last 2 days, Phillip.  It may be your feed is
down, in which case you might not get this message either ;-)

Marc

jjj@hulk.hut.fi (Joni Jaakko J{rvenkyl{) (02/07/91)

In article <HkJww1w163w@cynic.wimsey.bc.ca> pevans@cynic.wimsey.bc.ca (Phillip Evans) writes:
>Has everyone died and gone to Z80 heaven?  The last mesage I read in this
>newsgroup was about two weeks ago.  If there have been any posts since
>say, Jan 28th would someone say so in email to me?  Hello?

At least I am here, still looking for a working copy of the VT-52 emulator
(kp-vt52.lbr) for Kaypro 10, or other high speed VT-something emulator for
it. Have been quiet because of the lack of a good (or 'good') terminal
program (I use a 9600 bps modem ;).

--
jjj@niksula.hut.fi
jjj@otax.tky.hut.fi

fire me, fire					until you die

MARC.NEWMAN@f601.n106.z1.fidonet.org (MARC NEWMAN) (02/08/91)

>At least I am here, still looking for a working copy of the VT-52 emulator
>(kp-vt52.lbr) for Kaypro 10, or other high speed VT-something emulator for
>it. Have been quiet because of the lack of a good (or 'good') terminal
>program (I use a 9600 bps modem ;).

I have a K10 and a 19,200 baud modem, and the ONLY program I have found
that can even remotely keep up is INTTERM, which is a fully interrupt
driven modem program.  I mean FULLY!  It uses interrupts for modem input
and output, keyboard input and even screen output!  I have looked at the
code and it is quite complex.  I have it here on my system if you are not
able to find a copy of it eleswhere.  Also, note that although it is
great as a front end modem program (alas, no VT52 or VT100), it is
drasticly lacking any file transfer modes at all.  It does not even have
a screen capture mode, and it deselects the disk drives before going
online, as aparently it messes with interrupts that would be used to turn
off the drive normally.

Someone with some time and Z80 assembler experience could take it and
maybe even hack together a MEX or IMP insert using the interrupt routines
in it.

Marc