[comp.os.cpm] generic transfer program that works on all cpm machines

jungkunz@doitcr.doit.sub.org (Helmut Jungkunz) (02/07/91)

Hello friends all over the world!

ther was a request for a program to transfer data on a generic basis.
This can easily be achieved by using two programs, that are available free from
me (disk and postage excepted). They are called CPMTRANS and CPMRECIE.  The
trick is, to split the 8-Bit information up into two nibble halves. This four
byte info can easily pass the PUN: device and be recieved by the RDR: device.
Thus, the transfer is happily done in good time via RS232 and a nullmodem cable
in between. Everything else is easy. As for all transfers to MS-DOS machines,
I strongly recommend to use 22DISK, the excellent CP/M format program for IBM
clones by SYDEX. At only 35 US$ (I believe that's the price nowadays) it offers
outstanding performance and hundreds of perfectly predesigned CP/M formats.
Even Users are no problem for 22DISK.  Roll your own formats in no time at all.
It's a must!

Still - long live CP/M !
(longer live ZCPR!)

Ciao,

-> Helmut Jungkunz <-

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) (02/09/91)

jungkunz@doitcr.doit.sub.org (Helmut Jungkunz) writes:

> Hello friends all over the world!
>
> I strongly recommend to use 22DISK, the excellent CP/M format program for IBM
> clones by SYDEX. At only 35 US$ (I believe that's the price nowadays) it offe
> outstanding performance and hundreds of perfectly predesigned CP/M formats.
> Even Users are no problem for 22DISK.  Roll your own formats in no time at al
> It's a must!

I agree 100%.  Great program.  I only needed to roll one format,
and that's not bad at all!  Practically all known CP/M computers
are supported (at least those that support soft-sectored MFM or
FM (if you modify your disk controller...).  I believe you can
make it support 8" as well.