[comp.os.cpm] MultiPlan 86

mcc@moscom.UUCP (Mike Corbett) (02/12/91)

I'm not really sure if this belongs in this newsgroup but...

A firend of mine recently bought an old DEC Rainbow 100 along with the basic
tutorial software that (I guess) originally came with it.  The tutorial
mentions MiltiPlan 86, and he now has decided that it would help him utilize
his "new" computer.

My question is whether anyone out there has any knowledge of this product, and
where he may be able to pick up a copy of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

--
      ///
     ///   "Only Amiga Makes It Possible!"        mcc@moscom

imp@Solbourne.COM (Warner Losh) (02/12/91)

In article <2535@moscom.UUCP> mcc@moscom.UUCP (Mike Corbett) writes:
>I'm not really sure if this belongs in this newsgroup but...

close.  You may want to try comp.sys.dec.micro

>A firend of mine recently bought an old DEC Rainbow 100 along with the basic
>tutorial software that (I guess) originally came with it.  The tutorial
>mentions MiltiPlan 86, and he now has decided that it would help him utilize
>his "new" computer.
>My question is whether anyone out there has any knowledge of this product, and
>where he may be able to pick up a copy of it.

I have used a copy of MultiPlan on my rainbow that was originally
indended for an IBM PC that was installed on the 'Bow.  I found that
it was good for a check book program.  There were some non-obvious
things that I had to do to get the running balance to work.  However,
I never did use it for anything more.

I don't know if you can still get this version or not.  I think that
you may be able to find the CP/M-86 version knocking around on some of
the old Rainbows out there.  There may even be someone who will sell
it to you.

If your friend isn't averse to running MS-DOS on the Rainbow, then he
should be able to use just about any of the present spread sheets
under code blue (which he'll have to get).  Since I don't use spread
sheets that often, I don't know which versions of what programs will
work and which ones fall down and go boom.

I have cross posted this article to comp.sys.dec.micro and directed
followups there.

Warner
--
Warner Losh		imp@Solbourne.COM
We sing about Beauty and we sing about Truth at $10,000 a show.