[comp.os.cpm] Replacement floppy drive for Kaypro 10?

jjj@hulk.hut.fi (Joni Jaakko J{rvenkyl{) (02/20/91)

What kind of floppy drive should I put to my Kaypro 10 as a replacement,
will a standard 360 kb Teac (as used in IBMPC world) do?

PS. I changed the K10's standard superslow harddisk to a Seagate 225
yesterday, the speed is just superb, and the 225 is even a slow one. I
really must admit that the K10 is a hell to open. Does anybody know the
function of a small circuit board between the monitor and disks, attached to
the disk system? There are just 2 chips and 2 cables, one going to the cpu
board and one going to the disk controller board - it looks pretty weird, as
one definately could have integrated the 2 chips to cpu or controller
board...

--
jjj@niksula.hut.fi
jjj@otax.tky.hut.fi

fire me, fire					until you die

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) (02/21/91)

jjj@hulk.hut.fi (Joni Jaakko J{rvenkyl{) writes:

> What kind of floppy drive should I put to my Kaypro 10 as a replacement,
> will a standard 360 kb Teac (as used in IBMPC world) do?

Yes.  The drives that IBM and the Kaypro use are interchangeable.
I meam, like they use the same interface...