[comp.os.cpm] archive site for comp.os.cpm? and misc

bqsy1@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Andrew R. Orndorff) (02/28/91)

Hello all,
       I was wondering if comp.os.cpm is being archived anywhere? I've
been following the discussions on connecting 5.25 and 3.5" drives to 8"
systems and did not catch much of the earlier threads where detailed
information seemed to be given.
       Also, I have a Xerox 820-II with the 8" drives and was wondering if
anyone could provide me with the following information or pointers to where
I might locate this info:

       *floppy and hard disk subsystems: what is necessary, what can I
        use?
       *tech. documentation on the hardware, ROMs and anything else
       *pointers to firms that produce or market processor upgrades
        for the 820-II, like going to a Z280
       *anyone who has info on "homebrew" type alterations to this
        machine

       Thanks for any help.

P.S. Is there a Xerox users group anywhere in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic
states?
 --
       Andrew Orndorff
       CIT, Research & Analysis

jeh@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (03/02/91)

In article <1991Feb28.090343.3065@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>,
bqsy1@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Andrew R. Orndorff) writes:
>      Also, I have a Xerox 820-II with the 8" drives and was wondering if
> anyone could provide me with the following information or pointers to where
> I might locate this info:
>
>      *floppy and hard disk subsystems: what is necessary, what can I
>       use?
>      *tech. documentation on the hardware, ROMs and anything else
>      *pointers to firms that produce or market processor upgrades
>       for the 820-II, like going to a Z280
>      *anyone who has info on "homebrew" type alterations to this
>       machine
>
>      Thanks for any help.
>
> P.S. Is there a Xerox users group anywhere in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic
> states?

You'll find all of the above rolled into one :) at Holly Park
RCP/M, 201-757-1497.  Dick Roberts, the sysop, will gladly sell
you his 8" hard drive kits, if you really want some extra heat in
your house :)  Chris McEwen also runs a BBS in the same area; I
don't recall the number, but I'm sure it's liberally plastered
all over Dick's system.

  --jh
--
John Hood, Mann Library, Cornell University
jhood@albert.mannlib.cornell.edu, jeh@crnlvax5.bitnet, uunet!biar!jhood