[comp.os.cpm] Compilers for NECAPC CPM86

bperigo@milton.u.washington.edu (Bob Perigo) (03/03/91)

Would like to breath some new life into a pair of old necAPCs.  That's those
combination cpm86/msdos beasts with the 8" disks.  Have you seen a PD release
of a c86 or fortran86 configured for it?

--
 INTERNET,BITNET: bperigo@u.washington.edu         / _   Bob Perigo
 babble on BABEL @ 206-363-8969 300-9600 baud    /_)/_)  UW Box SM-28

fzsitvay@techbook.com (Frank Zsitvay) (03/04/91)

In article <17545@milton.u.washington.edu> bperigo@milton.u.washington.edu (Bob Perigo) writes:
>Would like to breath some new life into a pair of old necAPCs.  That's those
>combination cpm86/msdos beasts with the 8" disks.  Have you seen a PD release
>of a c86 or fortran86 configured for it?

  bob, i have digital research personal basic and cbasic compiler, and
a c86 compiler.   however, i don't have a machine to read or copy them
on, and they are original digital research disks.   anyone know
the legalities of copying this stuff??

--
fzsitvay@techbook.COM - but don't quote me on that....

American Oil Company motto - Bend over, We'll pump!!!

berger@iboga (Mike Berger) (03/06/91)

bperigo@milton.u.washington.edu (Bob Perigo) writes:

>Would like to breath some new life into a pair of old necAPCs.  That's those
>combination cpm86/msdos beasts with the 8" disks.  Have you seen a PD release
>of a c86 or fortran86 configured for it?
*----
I think C86 is a commercial compiler, so you won't find a "free" version.  However
DeSmet C is now shareware or free, and it's excellent.

Since the APC runs MS-DOS 2.11, virtually ANY generic compiler will work.  I
still use the latest version of Microsoft C to generate code for the NEC APC.

--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois