[comp.os.cpm] ZMP 1.5 Overlay for Televideo 803

pm@nowster.UUCP (Paul Martin) (03/06/91)

Has anyone out there got a working ZMP 1.5 overlay for use with a
Televideo 803? (I have overlays for other Televideos, but the 803
hardware is different.)

If you do, could you mail me that you have it, and not send it
until requested?

I hear rumours that Ron Murray's being given encouragement to
speed up sections of ZMP's C code, and may be producing a new
version some time soon. Is there any basis to this?

--
Paul Martin     ..!uunet!tharr!pm.nowster | CP/M systems never die. They
pm.nowster@tharr.uucp  (pm111@tharr.uucp) | just get more BIOSed with age.

Murray_RJ@cc.curtin.edu.au (Ron Murray) (03/07/91)

In article <XX000000aa@nowster.UUCP>, pm@nowster.UUCP (Paul Martin) writes:

> I hear rumours that Ron Murray's being given encouragement to
> speed up sections of ZMP's C code, and may be producing a new
> version some time soon. Is there any basis to this?

   Don't know about speeding it up: I have considered recoding the terminal
loop in assembler, but nothing definite yet. I am considering a VT-10*
emulation (and the fast loop would probably be necessary for this. Perhaps
Kermit as well, although I suspect most sites will have SZ/RZ by now.
   I'll probably get around to all this in a month or so, as soon as the
weather gets cooler (so I can get into the computer room again), and once
I fix my CP/M computer (which has a !@#$%^^&*&*&^ intermittent fault).

....Ron

 Internet: Murray_RJ@cc.curtin.edu.au                | "You can lead a horse to
 ACSnet: Murray_RJ@cc.cut.oz.au                      | water, but if you can
 Bitnet: Murray_RJ%cc.curtin.edu.au@cunyvm.bitnet    | get him to float on his
 UUCP  : uunet!munnari.oz!cc.curtin.edu.au!Murray_RJ | back you've really got
Amateur Packet Radio: VK6ZJM@VK6BBS.#WA.AUS.OC       | something"
               TCP/IP: 44.136.204.14, 44.136.204.19  |    -- Murphy's Law I