[comp.os.cpm] Apple II/CPM communications prog?

mck@hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Doug McKenzie) (03/20/91)

My Dad has an Apple II (possibly II+, not IIe) with a CPM card, off which he
runs in particular Wordstar.  However, his only communications program runs
on Apple DOS, making him unable to edit email very well, or hack up

Could anyone offer a recommendation for a (public domain hopefully) CPM
communication program that works on an Apple?

Thanks a lot!

Doug McKenzie
HP HP-UX Support
mck@cup.hp.com or ...hplabs!hpda!mck
408 447-4428

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) (03/22/91)

mck@hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Doug McKenzie) writes:

> My Dad has an Apple II (possibly II+, not IIe) with a CPM card, off which he
> runs in particular Wordstar.  However, his only communications program runs
> on Apple DOS, making him unable to edit email very well, or hack up
>
> Could anyone offer a recommendation for a (public domain hopefully) CPM
> communication program that works on an Apple?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Doug McKenzie
> HP HP-UX Support
> mck@cup.hp.com or ...hplabs!hpda!mck
> 408 447-4428

I've gotten ZMP and Qterm (and subsequently UUCP, but I haven't
tested it) to run on SoftCard-equipped Apple II Plus myself.  But
I need to know what kind of Z80 card you're using.  If you're
using a Microsoft SoftCard, ALS's Z-Card or Z-Engine, or an
Applied Engineering Z-80 card, I can help you.  If it's ALS's
CP/M card or PCPI's AppliCard, I cannot help you.

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) writes:

> mck@hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Doug McKenzie) writes:

<< various stuff deleted >>

> > Could anyone offer a recommendation for a (public domain hopefully) CPM
> > communication program that works on an Apple?
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
>
> I've gotten ZMP and Qterm (and subsequently UUCP, but I haven't
> tested it) to run on SoftCard-equipped Apple II Plus myself.  But
> I need to know what kind of Z80 card you're using.  If you're
> using a Microsoft SoftCard, ALS's Z-Card or Z-Engine, or an
> Applied Engineering Z-80 card, I can help you.  If it's ALS's
> CP/M card or PCPI's AppliCard, I cannot help you.

I forgot to mention that both Qterm and ZMP are both public
domain and very good programs.